1. as soon as all the commotion was over, i immediately got a cold, threw my back out, and lost my cell phone. mississippi has also had the weirdest couple of days since the big day. weird.
2. our big pumpkin saturday is still planned and we are really looking forward to all the fun and foliage. yay road trip!
3. 'tis the season, so i'm brewing up a batch of my unbelievably delicious corn & sausage (and p'tater) cheddar chowder. i'm going to be experimenting with a decadent spin-off of my classic (of which the origins of the recipe comes from a southern standard cookbook called Thymes Remembered. i have altered it drastically through the years). the spin-off, i think will include shrimp and sausage or perhaps scallops or crab. can't decide. hmmm... stay tuned on that one. alls i can say right now is that my house smells like the most delicious cookin' right now.
4. mississippi wants to register for a motorcycle for our wedding present, and i want to register for a micro-pig. can you tell we have never and will never do anything in a traditional manner? it's awesome.
5. i've got a messy house, a stinky pup, and a disorganized pile of a schedule to attend to. off i go!!
adieu for now kiddies! more to come soon!