Friday, August 21, 2009

the price of milk

a good friend of mine upon reading my response to Eagle vs. Shark about two weeks ago, recommended another movie from new zealand called The Price of Milk. seeing as i'm oddly obsessed with kiwi film and humour, i instantly added it to my netflix queue.

i just finished watching it about five minutes ago. this film is so visually interesting. it is a surreal, magical realism-type faerie tale and love story along the lines of monty python + antonias line + like water for chocolate put into a michel gondry microwave.

the scenery is beautiful. the humour is dry, and quirky, but still very sexy. i love love loved it. i don't want to give away anything about the plot, so i'll just say watch it!!!

okay, well i will say nigel the cardboard box dog was awesome. now you are hooked, right?

thanks k for the awesome recommendation, you have turned me on to another classic to add to the arsenal of favourites!
adieu for now!
lu

2 comments:

k.lou said...

YAY! I'm so glad you liked it. Everyone else I've pimped it to doesn't get it, but oh. It kind of owns my heart, even though I haven't seen it in several years.

However, I can never look at baby shoes (or milk) in the same way, but I don't think that's a bad thing. :)

lulu said...

i don't think it's a bad thing either. and every time that nigel comes on the screen seven stops what he's doing and watches. sooo cute! he has a kindred movie dog!