Saturday, August 1, 2009

august gusto

i hope you said "rabbit rabbit" this morning when you woke up! it wishes you luck throughout the month if you say it on the first.
so, today begins another month of self-improvement experiments. i figure, since i want to change my life and there are very few things i can alter as a whole right now, i can begin with the little things.
here are some of the little things i will be working on this month:
1. i'm going to try not to cuss this month. it is a sign of vocabulary laziness on my part plus i don't think it sounds intelligent. a well placed expletive sometimes completes a thought and accurately describes something, otherwise there'd be no expletives. but, i feel i have gotten too comfortable with their useage at this time. included in this experiment are two words that i don't like which are "stupid" and "hate". also included in this experiment are the names of religious icons used in a negative manner.
2. i am working on a karma project that is meant to spread positive thoughts and inspiration into the world.
3. i am attempting to get some sort of superfluous exercise on each odd day of this month. keeping track of positive changes that may occur in the process. i love being able to compare and contrast!
4. this is the biggie and will be the most revealing and challenging. i am going to symbolically freeze my credit card. it will not be truly frozen in case of emergency. i am not allowed to use the credit card for anything. i have to keep track of everything i spend money on and post it on a blog. not only that, but anything that i spend money on other than basic necessities (groceries, petro, bills) that amount must be taken out of my savings and paid upon my credit card bill.
for example, if i spend $14.97 on eating out at my fave diner, canopy roads, then i pay cash or debit for it, but i also have to transfer $14.97 from my savings to pay on my credit card.
therefore, it's a win-win type punishment for extraneous spending. it will make me think twice before spending any extra money and if i do (which i always do when i feel deprived) end up treating myself, that's fine! i will also reap the benefit of knowing that a little bit of my credit card debt will be chipped away in the process.
happy 8th new year of 2009, my friends! wish me luck and happy saturday! i'm off to work!
xoxoxox
lu
lu

No comments: