Friday, August 14, 2009

randomness at its finest

things on my mind today:
1. i need to get jane honda new tires and brakes before september. goodbye $500! i'll miss you!
2. it's a happy talent, to know how to play. -ralph waldo emerson; how do emerson's quotes always find me and fit just right into my world?
3. how delicious the balsamic vinegar drizzled pizza was that senor mas made for dinner last night. i'm super hungry and can't stop thinking about it.
4. bon iver. something about his music, particularly Skinny Love that just settles into my bones. senor mas and i found a band called edward sharpe & the magnetic zeroes and they do the same kind of thing to me. he also has been playing grizzly bear for me lately too and it has the same sort of resonance. perhaps it's me who is more open to resonance these days as opposed to the music. hmmm. philosophizin' on a friday!
5. shoes. lots of shoes. don't you love the switch-up from depth to shoppiness? i spent an hour on zappos.com yesterday and picked out tons of shoes. i could have an I Covet These Shoes blog and post several new pair a day. here are a few for your enjoyment this fine friday!


nothing quite as cool as a pair of wedges. especially in tobacco suede. these are mia lourdes $66! i haven't a clue what i would wear with them but i wants them.
steve madden hopperr boots. $107. these are the most "me" other than my boots from sick boy here in tally. if i'm not careful though, i can get too "theme" with my ensembles. pretty soon i'll be wearing motorcycle chaps around and leather vests...well, i do really like vests.



chinese laundry- excess $85. and yes, i would wear these whenever an opportunity arose. my feet are schizophrenic and these are fabulous.adieu for now!

lu

6 comments:

k.lou said...

my 71 quarts of shoes approve, esp. of the motorcycle boots.

I need to get a a pair of green Chucks for my birthday, wear them with my Swedish mafia shirt.

ps. the wedges? I think they'd go great with just about everything, and are *very* you.

lulu said...

thank you! i needed some approval so i don't feel so guilty that there are 20 other pairs of shoes i want to post that i fell in love with. i do love those skanky stiletto boots too, though. ;-)
what shade of green in the chucks are you looking for?

k.lou said...

my stand on shoes is that they're like pieces of art, so if you ever feel like going 'ohh, shiny!' over a pair of shoes, I'm your go-to girl.

I was going for the darker green, but a quick check might mean I have to do some hunting to get the right size. :(

lulu said...

like a hunter green or an olive green? and what size? i'll do research too. i'm in shoe search mode!

k.lou said...

have i mentioned lately that i love how ridiculous we are at times? shoe hunting over blog comments, it's the new thing!

searching for hunter green, 7.5.

lulu said...

i really like that about us too. it's nice to have a split-apart for silliness.