Tuesday, January 12, 2010

stubborn optimism

good afternoon kids. today is another lovely, chilly january day in tally. i am in an unusual headspace today (what else is new?) in regard to that little switch inside of me that, when off, keeps me the free-spirited creature you know and love (or tolerate); but when flipped stirs in me a blunt seriousness and practicality that can be, well...intense.

the thing is, today my switch keeps getting flipped. thankfully, meditation plus some positive thoughts texted to me today, have aided in my ability to turn it back off when it does. however, i simply feel tested.

this afternoon, i have been trying to find quotes that offer positive reinforcement. little reminders that happiness is a choice. every bit helps, right?


most people are about as happy as they make their minds up to be. ~abraham lincoln

action may not always bring happiness; but there is no happiness without action. ~benjamin disraeli

it is only possible to live happily ever after on a day to day basis. ~margaret bonnano

the greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not circumstances. ~martha washington

take a breath with me friends...every little thing is going to be alright.

adieu for now,

lu

*today's pic: at work, seeking brief solace in nature.

5 comments:

Adrienne said...

proud of you nanner for making a choice to stay on the positive, albeit bumpy road.

lulu said...

thanks doodlewop. i appreciate you tremendously. xanadus totally rock, don't they?!

Unknown said...

At least you're not part Robocop...:D

lulu said...

you're will smith in irobot miss jennifer!

Anachnoristic Outlook said...

<3 I am breathing with you and you know that I am here to support you in whatever way you might need :)