Sunday, January 17, 2010

a most welcomed sunday

okay so good afternoon friends. 'tis sunday and little lu has had a weekend filled with funsies. today i am relaxing at the shack. it is wonderful! coffee, movies, mac & cheese and a tiny bit of focus that is inspiring me to make some lists. you know i love lists.

my weekend? friday night i went to a fundraiser for a friend who had an expensive surgery. lots of music, lots of food, lots of old friends catching up. that was a good time. yesterday i worked, on very little sleep mind you, napped when i got home and had resigned myself to a night in until someone i never get to see invited me out. thus, with a faint mew the party kitten emerged into the evening only to make it back to the shack in the wee hours, a beast exhausted from laughter and merriment and socializing.

when i finally got up today after a somewhat peaceful nine hours of sleep, i felt a wave of overstimulated synapses and senses. the shack is quiet, the little man is groggy, and i am piddling around thinking a lot. it is good for my soul.

on the agenda for this week...
1. take down my christmas tree. it's ridiculous that it's still up.
2. laundry. it's starting to move on its own.
3. clean and purge and organize the shack. i am starting to see just how much stuff i have accumulated in my lifetime. knick-knacks & tchotchkes, mountains of papers, random craft supplies, and mis-matched socks. it's almost impressive but not really.
4. practicing more selflessness. i woke up feeling like i have been rather selfish lately. uncool. homeskillet's gonna work on that most definitely. my focus needs to be shifted.
5. quiet. my ears feel like they are ringing today from all the riotous fun i have been having. i see yoga, and long walks ahead of me this week. i am quite looking forward to it.

i hope your sunday is fantastic in whatever capacity you need it to be.
adieu from the funky little shack!
lu
*pics: this lovely blustery sunday afternoon. friday, wearing sunglasses at night. saturday night social butterfly.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I BELIEVE IN PINK
I BELIEVE THAT LAUGHING
IS THE BEST CALORIE BURNER.
I BELIEVE IN KISSING.
KISSING A LOT.
I BEIEVE IN BEING STRONG
WHEN EVERYTHING SEEMS
TO BE GOING WRONG.
I BELIEVE HAPPY GIRLS
ARE THE PRETTIEST GIRLS.
I BELIEVE THAT TOMMOROW IS ANOTHER DAY AND
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES.
AUDREY HEPBURN