Tuesday, July 7, 2009

domino & colonel mustard

so, as i've mentioned before, i love domino magazine and am still grieving it's demise. two weeks ago senor mas and i spent probably two hours in the bookstore hanging out and taking turns annoying patrons and being annoyed by them. i found the domino design book that they came out with last year (of which i have been coveting for months now). it's like a gigantic issue of the magazine and i have to tell you, it's rife with awesome ideas.

so much so that in my really sh*tty mood yesterday, i decided to redo my house (i know! some semblance of control in an uncontrollable world is the theory behind that particular madness). senor mas called while i was in the middle of trying to scoot (literally) a two-hundred year old (and probably two hundred pound) pie safe from my living room into my bedroom.

now, i wish i could say this was a spur of the moment idea. i had been plotting an eventual makeover since i got that book in my hands. i even drew a floorplan to my house and cut out little squares that were cut-to-scale measurements of my furniture. i moved them around for days like i was playing a board game. "colonel mustard on the settee with accent lamp!!!" i would yell.

alas, today there is no place to sit at the kitchen table. there is laundry in the hallway and i covered the two piles of miscellaney with scraps of fabric i had stored away. the bedroom looks really cool, and the living room has side tables made out of stacks of books. so...so far so good!!!
adieu,
lulu

4 comments:

k.lou said...

I will likely need this help come August.

lulu said...

of course! you're welcome to borrow it! i warn you though it will make you try to rearrange furniture by yourself. very dangerous habit.

k.lou said...

Remind me to tell you about the time I rearranged and managed to make my bed frame fall apart like a flan. With the mattress on it. And me.

Wait, that's actually the story.

lulu said...

that made me snicker. you know that wheezy laugh through the nose kind of laugh. my bedroom looked like a dali painting after i'd rearranged it. oi.