Thursday, July 2, 2009

search engine rant

okay so, as i've mentioned before, i love frye boots and i want a pair. i found these maxine campus boot online today and (of course) covet a pair.
it reminded me not only by name, but also style, of one of my favourite movie characters (and fashions) of the late 70's early 80's. karen allen (katy) from animal house.
now, when searching for a proper picture to demonstrate why this style is so awesome to me i hit an interwebs wall.
after 30 minutes, the best i could find was this picture. awesome i know, but not quite what i was looking for.
no matter how many different ways i typed in a description, name, concept, specific word, or even vague words, nothing came up that i wanted. i tried 3 different search engines and quite frankly am ready to flip them all off. thanks karen, for doing it for me.

however, being the eternal optimist that i am, whilst in my quest for the perfect image, i did find these gems, enjoy!





2 comments:

Megan said...

I love it. Check Ebay for Frye boots! that's where I am gonna unload my money for this fall.

lulu said...

thanks punkin! everything you play is funky too...just sayin'.