Wednesday, November 25, 2009

big, black, buckled shoes & a bonnet

good morning friends. 'tis wednesday, and thanksgiving eve once again. it makes me want to wear big, black, buckled shoes and a bonnet. not that that is too terribly different from any other day of the year.
i am in a silly mood today, a little scattered. perhaps a little smothered and covered as well. we ended up having a rather successful day at the shop which is wonderfully welcomed; and there weren't nearly as many crazies in as usual which was refreshing.
i am very much looking forward to my little lulu thanksgiving tonight. here's what's on my menu...
roasted honey glazed turkey loin (i wish there was a better word than "loin". "loin" makes me shudder a little).
green bean casserole (because i was brought up right)
mashed potatoes & turkey gravy
sauteed sweet potato medallions with brown sugar & cayenne
cranberry sauce
king's hawaiian rolls
pumpkin pie

yes, this is all for me tonight. and yes i will be eating leftovers for a week. that's what the rolls are for...sammiches!
tomorrow, my little tradition will be continuing. i started it a few years back. i take all of my clothes that need mending to my mama's house and we watch the parade between her cooking and my stitching away.
this year, however, my mending is limited because i had to get rid of some of that stuff after several years of repairs. so in addition to my handful of things that need a loop stitch or two, i am going to bring all my shoes that need polishing. it feels so decadent. it's challenging to actually realize how practical i can be sometimes. this coming from the woman with rainbow bright sheets on her bed and 400 magazines in her apartment.
*sigh*
i'm feeling the "thanks" faerie fluttering around now and hope y'all all have a fantastic thanksgiving day eve. more to come!
adieu for now, kiddos!
lu

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Thank you for being a wonderful daughter and friend honey. You will be turkeyed out by thursday!!!!Get your shoes and come on down!!!xxxooo