Wednesday, November 4, 2009

slices & pie

good morning friends! 'tis wednesday. the same ole glorious routine is in progress. coffee, playing ball with seven, bacon, checking emails yadda yadda yadda. so lovely.

now, as many of you know, i attend meetings for ACOA (adult child of alcoholics) and yes it is anonymous, but i'm allowed to say i'm a part of it. aaanyway, i was in a much-needed meeting the other day when i had a little brainstorm. "what are the things that give you the most peace?" i asked myself. "what do you do that makes you feel calm and happy?" the answer? well, there are many. the point is, the enlightened part of me told the unenlightened part of me, i need to do whatever those things are, more often.

that could mean, making sure i get enough sleep so that i may get up before dawn and get my dark, quiet fix for the day by walking around the lake; then spend the morning with coffee, and writing, and food, and taking care of myself and the little buddy.

i cannot control the people i work with or their drama, or the people that come in the store who are rude to me; but i can control those two tiny little slices of peace for myself. and breeeeathe.
enjoy your slices, friends! you are loved!


adieu for now,
lu
p.s. is anyone else craving pie now? i sure am!

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

I crave pie daily. My ass and thighs thank me for not indulging in said craving every time I have it.