Saturday, September 5, 2009

dress me up

if i lived in a town that had better shopping opportunities, i would totally do that t.v. show, the look for less. i don't think it is even still on anymore but here's the deal. i have $25 to my name. this is my fun money for the next two weeks. (my last fun money i spent immediately on flight of the conchords season 2). should i...buy something new with that $25 that i may or may not wear very much afterward (depending on how much i like versus how much i feel i need something for this wedding party tonight)? or should i...hit the thrift stores and find some things to make new jewelry out of for my etsy store?

i know the answer. it would be wiser to get things i can make money on. that doesn't mean i don't want this, this, this, oh! and this though.

necessary objects. denim & white dress, $72.corey lynn calter. $99. i would feel like one of the b52's in this. and yes, i would buy a bump-it, if the funds were available to me.
french connection. groovy grey paisley flower dress $111.

tadashi amethyst dress. $183.
i believe that comes to nearly 19x my fun money budget. back to the ole drawing board.
have a lovely saturday friends!
adieu for now,
lu

3 comments:

k.lou said...

if you are still in emergency fashion woes for tonight, let me know. i've got...not much, but might be able to help in a very tight pinch.

lulu said...

dammit! i got this message too late. i have to be over there in 30 minutes. bah! thank you for your awesomeness anyway, though!

lulu said...

by "got" i mean, i checked my emails too late, not that you sent it late. *sigh*