Tuesday, September 8, 2009

w.w.i.d.?

i dislike having my feathers ruffled. i cannot imagine that anyone does enjoy it unless i am giving that particular description more weight than it merits.

i somewhat digress though because i need to work on coping mechanisms. there is something about the inherent snobbery of the demographic upon which my paycheck depends that sends splinters under my fingernails.

it seems i place a great deal of "me" into my work (to a bloody fault) and when people are rude and condescending (which they most certainly have a proclivity toward) it places an anvil on one shoulder and a poisonous snake on the other.

regardless of what limited coping devices i have, i end up aching, sick to my stomach, and tending to the ever open sores of my prevailing dysfunction.

in situations like this, i cannot help but wonder, what would idgie do?

No comments: