Tuesday, September 15, 2009

lazarus basil

*sniff* homegirl is fighting some kind of bug with vibrant fury. well, more shuffling about pitifully and consuming ungodly amounts of garlic, emergen-C, rest, and chicken broth; but in my mind there is indeed a vibrant fury attacking this bug. she wears a cape (the fury, not the bug).
ridiculous guilt for not being at work aside, i am happy to be in my home today. it is a lovely overcast day with intermittent plays of dappling sunlight through the blinds; and happy, albeit damp birds chattering away like old biddies at a church function.
i have tended to my garden which i haven't take the time to do in several days. i have a notorious reputation as a plant-ignorer/killer and i am determined to have a garden full of live plants instead of the horticultural cemetary i currently am maintaining.
there are poor little spindles and brown leaves everywhere. my basil, however has made a triumphant return. it is the little victories, right?
my wonderful friends, i do so love you. i hope your tuesday is lovely and filled with dappling sunlight and lazarus basil too!
adieu for now,
lu

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

I want to successfully grow basil. Haven't managed that one yet. I do have some kickin oregano, though. Today is dreary and I want to be at home in my pjs. LE SIGH. My word verification is sua-turd. They really get my sense of humor...

lulu said...

is that like a suave turd? heehee. i'm not fond of feeling so grody right now though, rather happy i'm not at work attempting to be nice to people.