Wednesday, September 9, 2009

wonderfalls


in the same delightful fashion as shows like pete & pete, northern exposure, and the gilmore girls is a show called wonderfalls. it originally aired in the mid-2000's and was introduced to me by my dear friend k.
it is about a snarky retail shop worker in niagra falls (really? they made a show about me?!) who suddenly finds herself being told things by inanimate objects; such as a red wax lion, a monkey statue, and a stuffed bass. these objects tell her to perform vague tasks that end up setting things into motion for others' lives.
if you know me, then you know my philosophy that "everything happens for a reason". i say it far too many times not to annoy my audiences, but i do believe it. also, if you know me, then you know i frequently talk to animals and inanimate objects as well.
in wonderfalls, everything is serendipitious. had she not listened to the objects, people's lives would not have been enriched the way the do throughout every episode. it's a beautiful thing.
try to find it, it's funny and totally worth it.
adieu for now,
lu

No comments: