Tuesday, December 22, 2009

lookin' back


since 2009 is drawing to a close and it has been such an eventful year; i thought i'd take a second post each day and write about some of my favourite memories/blog entries etc. of the year.

today i have been thinking about new york again. perhaps because it's cold, and perhaps because it's the holidays and there's a certain sadness inherent in that for me. i was in a bad way when i went to new york. so much so that i missed a great deal of the amazing qualities of the city because i was so stuck in my head. but, i look back on that trip with great fondness. it was a cool gift to myself and i shared it with someone special. i ate great food, and made a lot of memories that have stayed with me even though i was not "all there" at the time.

i can't wait to go back to that city though i think a little piece of it will always be february of '09 for me. it now has a special place in my heart and those memories, as crumpled as they can be due to the circumstances that surrounded it (and afterward) are cherished. completely.

later,

lu
*pic is from Moutarde in brooklyn

No comments: